Perhaps using oil as a skin cleanser may sound odd to you because you might probably be thinking: How could adding more oil to the skin possibly help an already- oily dermal situation?
I understand your confusion. However, when you think about it? Adding new oil in your face will bid the existing oil (sebum) that is present in your face to remove and cleanse impurities.
Adding oil to your skin also helps in balancing the oil production of your body. For instance, if your skin is too dried from harsh products, your body overcompensates by producing more oil. Hence, getting a substitution to that natural compensatory mechanism will basically help our body simply its job.
Oil cleansing is simple yet a very efficient regimen. The key is to find the right oil or blend of oils that works for your unique skin.
Here’s what you should know…
- You have to choose from one these natural antibacterial or astringent oils; castor, hazelnut, or grape-seed oil.
- You need to combine the oil with a moisturizer such as jojoba oil, avocado oil, argon-oil or sunflower seed oil.
- If you have a very dry skin, increase the amount of moisturizer than that of the astringent. The ratio should be of 70 moisturizer and 30 astringent.
- If you have a very oily skin, increase the amount of astringent oils while keeping it in the acceptable ratio of 70 astringent and 30 moisturizer.
Blending oils help you gain all the positive effects of this simple dermatological regimen.
Here’s how to do it…
- Mix your oils together ahead of time or have containers readily available while you mix it over the sink.
- Put some amount of oil into your palm and gently massage it to your face for a couple of minutes. It doesn’t matter if your face is filthy or clean, you’re good to go.
- Soak a face cloth in a basin of warm to hot water. Wring it out and lay it over your face for 30 seconds, or until cloth cools up.
- Wipe the oil off your face with a gentle yet firm pressure.
- Rinse the wash cloth and re-wipe your face until all the residual oil is off your skin.
- Drink plenty of water, or natural juices to help you cleanse.
With these 6 simple steps you get to revive your skin to a younger and healthier state
Source: Mind Body Green