Many times when we prepare some hot or cold beverage such as tea or coffee we add honey,lemonor some other ingredient to improve or sweeten the taste of the beverage. Any way, if you think about it a bit more deeply, those ingredients have many beneficial properties and are actually very healthy for consumption by themselves.
We are sure that you all know, that keeping yourselves hydrated during the day, is quite important and good for you and your body. However, if you didn’t know this by now, there is a simple mixture prepared from honey and water which is a much more powerful combination that will do wonders for your overall health.
Since ancient times honey is known as one of the best commonly used and healthiest products for consumption. The benefits you receive from consuming honey and the healing properties it has are quite amazing and many. Here we have only few of them that are most commonly popular and used:
- The honey has powerful antiviral,antisepticand antibacterial properties.Raw organic honey is filled with vitamins, minerals and enzymes which protect the body from bacteria. It is also a very powerful antioxidant that helps in the body’s fight with free radicals.
- Honey helps in reducing of the body’s susceptibility to environmental allergies.
- Unlike all the sugar we consume with caffeinated drinks and processed food, honey contains natural sugar which is actually a very healthy source of calories. So, consuming honey might even ward off your sugar cravings for all those artificially produced beverages and juices and it is a healthy intake of sugar that is good.
- It will help you in losing weight because this might be a cause for lower intake of calories, and get rid of all those extra pounds you might have piled up over the years. It will be a lot better on the long run and you will not be able to notice some significant results immediately.
- The mixture prepared from honey and warm water is a great way for flushing out and detoxifying of all those toxins like mucus swirling around in your body which can cause many diseases. As the honey collects water from the kidneys, it also helps when it comes to uncontrolled and unpleasant night urination.
- It is a great energy booster for the body, due to the compounds found in it.
- Yet another beneficial property of the honey is that it helps in eliminating of bacteria and rejuvenates the colon’s flora.
- So, when combining it with warm water, not only will improve your energy which will help you pass through exhausting days more easily,but will also help you keep yourself well hydrated.
- To help you go through the day you don’t need to drink up to several cups of coffee a day.
- Hot honey with water has a soothing effect on the throat, thus reducing irritation and soreness which are the main causes for coughing.
- Another detoxifying role of honey is that it helps with cleansing of the intestines from deposits of toxins and the digestive tract from parasites.
This wonderful mixture is very simple for preparation. Simply in a glass of water mix in a teaspoon of honey. If you want to get even stronger healthy energizing preventive weapon you can also squeeze a bit of lemon juice in your glass. This mixture is easily absorbed by the organism.
The best way to consume this freshly prepared honey water is in the morning on an empty stomach or in the evening before going to bed. As it has a soothing effect on your kidneys and their work, even late night drinking will not cause you any problems. You can even use it to detoxify and clean your face skin as it makes it shinier,softerand silky.
As you can notice, there is a huge number of benefits you can receive from drinking honey water, so if you haven’t tried it already, make sure to start using it as soon as possible.