The water withholding can lead to heaviness in your arms, the legs, the ankles, inflating and fatigue. These health issues can be result from long standing, poor diet or warm weather.
Many conditions, habits or lack in the diet can be factors for water withholding. The women are experiencing swelling because of the imbalance of the hormones during the menstrual period, pregnancy menopause and PMS. In fact every women knows that her breasts are kind of fuller 2-3 days before her menstrual cycle.
Exceeding consummation of salt, sugar and fat can lead to water withholding in the body, which can cause shorter intake of vitamin B complex and protein. Salty meals and fast food are stimulating the body to hold the water, and that’s why you feel inflated in the abdomen and the extremities. Water withholding can be caused due to chronic diseases like kidney and lung disease or arthritis.
The diuretics are stimulating the ejection of the water and the toxins from the organism through the urinary tract. In the nature there are some foods that are acting as natural diuretics, and are divided in natural diuretics, foods rich in potassium and plants with a high water content.
Natural diuretics are:
- Green tea in large amounts
- Cup of cranberry juice
- Mixture of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a glass of water. Consume 2-3 time at day.
- Dandelion tea, which is a great source of potassium and is very powerful
- Seeds of anise that are refreshing the organism
- Water rich foods like watermelons or cucumbers are also rich with sulfur and silicon that boosts the kidney function
- Asparagus has plenty of alkaloids asparagines that betters the kidney function
- Lettuce boosts the metabolism and the elimination of toxins
- Tomatoes have plenty of vitamins A and C and are also alleviating the elimination of toxins through the kidneys
- Radishes, onions and horseradish are rich in sulfur ingredients thata are boosting the metabolism and the elimination of toxins
- Coconut water refreshes the body and maintains the electrolyte balance
Foods rich in potassium:
The extra water can be ejected with the help of the foods rich in potassium like bananas, tomatoes, yogurt, strawberries, papaya and apricots. But be careful, as the extra amounts of potassium can cause irregular heartbeat and muscle pain if you are having some kidney issues.
- Diuretic herbs are having antioxidant, antiseptic and antiviral effect.
- Bear grapes or usually known as Uvin tea helps in cleansing, disinfection of the urinary tract and secretion of the urine. It includes high levels of tannic acid that can cause some damage to your stomach, so it is commonly used together with other medicinal plants like birch leaf or liquorice root.
- The Juniper boosts the kidneys
- Parsley enhances the elimination of toxins
- The Ayurveda teaches us that the plant Tribulus Terrestris is assisting the urinary tract and kidney functions.
How else can you affect water withholding?
Decrease the consumption of salt, fat and sugar. The sodium is stimulating the water to stay in the tissues, so you shouldn’t consume processed foods with preservatives and salt, like hot dogs and canned food.
Be careful with your body and have some extra activities every day like walking exercising or paying some sport. In this way you will stimulate the lymph. Consume some fruits and vegetables to recompense the loss of vital nutrients that the urine ejected. Make sure you are drinking eight glasses of water because the hydrated organism will hold less water.