Finding a way to boost our immune system, to prevent illness, and to protect ourselves during the season of flu and infections is of utmost importance. Although we are usually prescribed antibiotics and shots for this purpose, it is recommended to use natural remedies against flu, which are proven to be ever more effective and safer.
Lemon juice is an extremely powerful agent, as it contains antibacterial, antiviral and immune-building properties. Moreover, it is abundant in bioflavonoids, pectin, limonene, citric acid, magnesium, calcium and vitamins , so it is beneficial against diseases and infections.
It also helps in the process of weight loss, as it stimulates digestion. Furthermore, lemon juice has a great number of other benefits and uses.
We will reveal 9 different and simple ways to treat and cure common colds at home using some of these 3 natural ingredients. Undoubtedly, the following recipes will provide remarkable results.
- In order to treat your sore throat, you need the juice of one lemon, a bit of salt and ground black pepper. Mix these ingredients and gurgle. You can also eliminate a sore throat by using cold vinegar.
- To open a blocked up nose – The following mixture will be extremely useful, it will cause healthy sneezing and will open the nose ducts. Simply mix equal amounts of black pepper, cinnamon, cumin and cardamom seeds, grind them to a thin powder and smell or inhale the mixture.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil to eliminate gall stones – Mix some lemon juice with water and swish to relieve a sore throat or cancer sores. Add some salt to the lemon juice and gargle in case of tonsillitis.
- Mix lemon juice and water and swish to relieve a sore throat or canker sores. In the case of tonsillitis, add some salt to the lemon juice and gargle.
- To lose weight – Take a glass of water and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mix the ingredients well and drink right away. You should consume this drink on daily basis.
- Relieve nausea – To alleviate nausea, mix black pepper and water in a glass, add some fresh lemon juice, mix and drink slowly.
- To relieve asthma attacks – Black pepper is extremely effective in reducing asthma attacks. Boil 8-10 grains of pepper, 10-15 basil leaves, and 2 clove buds in water. Let the brew sit for 15 minutes and strain the liquid afterwards. Add 2 spoons of honey at the end. In addition, you can also add some milk.
- To treat a toothache – In order to eliminate the toothache, mix some ground black pepper with clove oil, and smear the ointment on the afflicted area.
- Reduce a fever, fight the flu, relieve nausea, and lessen a chill by adding some lemon juice to your hot tea with honey, and also stop nose bleeding by applying lemon juice to cotton and placing it in the nostril.Moreover, mix lemon juice, salt and pepper and prepare a healthy drink that will eliminate the annoying cough. The following video will provide more tips to naturally cure the flu and avoid all its symptoms: