Personal hygiene is extremely important for overall health. The microorganisms we come in touch with throughout the day, stick to our clothes, skin and hair. These microbes can seriously affect our health.
Although regular showering can remove most of these germs and bacteria attached on your body, there is one part that is really inaccessible and keeps dirt even after showering.
This is the navel – a real source of bacteria, thus the filthiest part on your body.
This happens because the navel is indrawn, which makes it really prone to collecting clothes fibers, sweat, dead skin cells, lotion and soap. This makes a perfect ground for microorganism proliferation. That’s why it’s crucial to give your navel proper and thorough cleaning in order to prevent odor and various health problems, including infections.
According to research, an indrawn navel can gather up to 67 different types of bacteria, despite regular showering. There is a simple trick you can do in order to keep this body part completely clean.
How to wash your navel properly?
- Soak a cotton swab in some rubbing alcohol and clean your navel carefully with it before you take a shower.
- Using a different cotton swab apply some showering gel during shower. Clean your navel thoroughly.
- Finally, rinse your navel with warm water and dry it well with a cotton towel.
- Wet one end of a cotton towel and apply some showering gel on it.
- Clean your navel with it and then rinse with lukewarm water. Towel-dry.