If you are anticipating your health problems to be catered significantly, then consuming kale and such other vegetables which have crucifix shape is mandatory. Utilizing them thrice or for best outcome four times in a week is considered beneficent. Surprisingly, kale (a cup) works against prominent diseases. It becomes possible through nutrients it carries. Magnesium, B vitamins, potassium, fiber, calcium, copper, vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin A are the properties of kale.
Moreover, kale also has the ownership of 45 plus exceptional flavonoids with double properties; anti-inflammatory and antioxidant advantages. In respect to the qualities kale holds, it must be referred as king of vegetables.
Disclosure of kale’s secret: Once frost meets kale, it becomes much sweeter than before. Therefore, cold season like winter becomes the appropriate time to have it. At times, eating a bowl of kale salad may seem a tough task. However, sipping and enjoying kale soup brings a wave of joy.
Energy booster, kale soup will enable your body to remain warm along with the supply of nutrients mentioned above. Here, a recipe is shared from George Mateljan Foundation.
INGREDIENTS FOR ENERGY STIMULATOR – KALE SOUP
- Chicken broth aka stock – 5 cups
- Potatoes, preferably diced – 2 in quantity
- Diced celery – 1 cup
- Onion chopped – 1 in quantity
- Medium carrot (cut in ¼ inches) – around one cup
- Chopped garlic cloves – 4 in quantity
- Dried sage – 2 teaspoons.
- Salt and pepper – according to taste.
- Dried thyme – 2 teaspoons.
- Kale without stems and chopped – 3 cups
- Chop both, onions and garlic. Keep them aside for around five minutes. It will allow these veggies to accumulate their health properties.
- Warm one tablespoon of chicken stock in a pot which are particularly meant for soups.
- Sauté onion in stock for five minutes. Keep on stirring casually but regularly.
- Now, add in garlic and keep on stirring for another minute.
- Let celery and carrots rest in broth. Heat till broth comes to the boiling point. Leave it on high flame.
- Simmer it once all the vegetables are boiled. Carry on with cooking for another fifteen minutes after adding potatoes.
- Make sure all the vegetables are boiled and tender.
- Put in all the remaining ingredients. Also include kale and cook it for 5 more minutes.
Serving quantity: for 4 persons.