There’s extensive medical evidence that smokers are at a higher risk of developing lung cancer, COPD, and heart disease, along with many other health conditions due to the fact that their lungs are full of nicotine and tar.
In order to repair the damage smoking does to your lungs, you first need to stop smoking ASAP. This step is of vital importance because nicotine and tobacco smoke can irreversibly damage your lungs if you continue with this unhealthy habit.
Fortunately, there are ways to improve your lung health even if you are or were a passionate smoker for years.
Natural Ways to Clear your Lungs of Nicotine
Even if you can’t stop smoking, don’t despair! You can clear your lungs of nicotine and tar naturally if you take the following advice.
- Increase your intake of fresh organic corn as this will considerably reduce your chances of developing lung cancer. The beta cryptoxanthin in corn is a powerful antioxidant which reduces the risk of lung cancer. Cryptoxanthin is also found in oranges.
- Selenium is just another powerful antioxidant that destroys toxins in your body including your lungs. Foods that pack high amounts of selenium are Brazil nuts and grains.
- Onions are highly beneficial for lung cleansing. This vegetable can protect you against many diseases including lung infections. Plus, onions prevent cancer cell growth in those who have been diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Ginger is one of the strongest antioxidants with numerous health benefits. Increasing your ginger intake on daily basis is highly recommended as it is an excellent lung-cleansing agent. Ginger root tea is extremely beneficial for even breathing.
- The high amount of iron in nettles is highly efficient in disinfecting the lungs. Infections can also be prevented with nettle consumption.
- Another all-natural way to destroy lung cancer and other lung diseases is consuming tea from pine needles.
- Last, but not least, grapefruit juice can significantly improve your respiratory system whereas carrot juice can detoxify your body.
Other Natural Ways to Clear Your Lungs
There are other ways which can help you improve your lung health and these include doing regular breathing exercises. Similarly to strengthening your other muscles with regular workout, you can do deep breathing exercises to strengthen your lungs.
You simply need to set some of your time each day and take a few deep breaths. Try to breathe in as deeply as you can and exhale slowly.
Although quitting is your best option, this can be quite hard. In case you can’t do it yet, at least make sure you follow these tips to improve and restore your lung health.
Sources: Healthy Food House