You’ve probably had that familiar craving that hits you two hours before the end of your working time or at any time during the day. If you are weight-conscious and inclined to healthy eating habits, this recipe is just what you need in times of hunger. It’s not only the perfect sweet treat because it’s guilt-free, but it’s also great brain fuel. This is an ideal blend of healthy ingredients – the dates provide the sweetness, the raw almond butter gives the creamy texture, whereas the seeds ensure that the sugar is released into your bloodstream slowly, which prevents an energy crash later.
Raw Energy Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds (optional)
- Using a food processor, mix the pitted dates and almond butter together on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Process for another minute on low, then 1 minute on high.
- Stop to scrape everything down then process again until everything breaks into small pieces.
- Taking out a small amount, roll into a ball on the palm of your hand. This will be a little sticky.
- Store the balls in the fridge for a week.
It’s good to know that you can change the ingredients to your taste. Basically, all you need is dates, some nuts and seeds, and something to enhance the taste like nut butter, cacao, vanilla etc.