Rosemary For Hair Growth
Rosemary is an amazingly beneficial herb which can have a number of medicinal uses, one of which is stimulating hair growth. It contains organic compounds which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp and thus prompting new and faster hair growth. Using rosemary in your regular hair care routine will condition your hair, make it shiny and silky smooth and resolve a number of scalp issues like dandruff and itchy, dry scalp. Using rosemary for hair care is very simple, you just need to make a herbal hair or tea rinse.
Rosemary abounds in phytochemicals which are rich potential sources of natural compounds like phenolic diterpenes, flavonoidsphenolic acids and essential oils. Nearly 90% of the antioxidant activity is due mainly to the high content of non-volatile components ascarnosic acid and carnosol (phenolic diterpenes) and rosmarinic acid. These phytochemicals have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, make your hair shine and boost new hair growth.
How to Make Rosemary Herbal Hair Rinse
- Pour 4 cups of water in a pot and bring it to boil. Then pour it in a vessel of your choosing (French press, tea pot).
- Add rosemary (fresh, dried or rosemary essential oil)
- Let it steep for at least 30 minutes. You can even leave it overnight for even better results.
- Afterwards strain the liquid and let it cool down.
- Add vinegar to the rinse and stir to mix it in.
- Store the rinse in the refrigerator.
First wash your hair with shampoo like you normally do and then rinse it with the rosemary water. Massage it in the roots and rinse it off.
You could also add 1-2tbsp of vinegar to the rinse. It will help you get rid of any residues from styling gels and shampoos.
Other Uses of Rosemary for Hair Growth:
- Rosemary essential hot oil treatment
- Rosemary essential oil scalp massage
- You can add a few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo
- Rosemary Green Tea