Bloating and upset stomach are a common health issues nowadays. This can be particularly intense before bedtime. Poor digestion before bedtime is commonly caused by acid reflux, heartburn or interrupted sleep.
Luckily, there are various natural remedies which can effectively relieve the symptoms of indigestion. The combination of turmeric, ginger, and coconut milk are the perfect solution for this. This remedy has strong anti-inflammatory properties which can improve your digestion and prevent acid reflux and heartburn.
Health benefits of turmeric:
- Relieve arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Stimulates liver detoxification and improves liver function. Also, improves bile flow and prevents bile stones.
- Thins the blood and boosts blood circulation.
- Helps soothe the digestive tract and prevents ulcers due to its antiseptic effects.
- Relieves pain and fever.
- Prevents and treats cancer.
Coconut milk is abundant in healthy fats and has strong antimicrobial properties which can prevent digestive or stomach problems caused by bacteria.
Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and it is able to relieve symptoms of the digestive tract lining.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger, or 1 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1-quarter tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. of organic honey
- 2 cups of coconut milk
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the honey. Mix well and then transfer the mixture in a saucepan. Bring to a low boiling and bubbling. Then, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, add the honey and drink while it`s still warm.
The recipe is simple and easy to prepare. This is a powerful drink that has the ability to improve digestion and help you prevent stomach problems at night.
Consume the remedy 1 hour before going to bed. The next morning, you`ll wake up refreshed and full of energy.