6. EPSOM SALT
Epsom salt is another useful ingredient for home treatment of gout and other forms of arthritis. The high amount of magnesium present in Epsom salt will also improve the condition of your heart and lower high blood pressure. Soaking the affected body part in warm water mixed with Epsom salt relaxes aching muscles and relieves pain.
- For a leisurely bath, add two cups of Epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak your body in it until the water starts losing heat.
- Do this once a week. If you have severe gout, you can try it two or three times a week.
Bananas are also very effective in treating gout. The high potassium content in bananas will help convert uric acid crystals into liquid form that will be flushed out of the body later through urination. Bananas also contain moderate amounts of vitamin C, which can be very effective in managing swelling and pain.
- Simply eat one or two bananas daily, and soon you will notice improvement in your condition.
- Another option is to add one ripe banana to one-half cup of yogurt. This will also help to keep diarrhea away.
It is very common to hear people say, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” It’s a good, healthy habit to eat at least one apple daily, especially when you have gout.
Experts suggest eating an apple after each meal. The malic acid present in apples will help neutralize uric acid in the body and thereby relieve gout pain and inflammation. If you do not like to eat apples, you can try apple juice. Along with an apple, it is also a good idea to eat raw carrots daily.
9. ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
Activated charcoal is known to absorb uric acid; hence, it can be safely used for gout treatment. Those suffering from gout should take a charcoal bath twice or three times a week.
- Mix one-half cup of charcoal powder with some water until it forms a paste. Put the paste in a tub and add more water. Soak your affected body part for at least half an hour. This remedy is a good solution for gout in the ankle joint or big toe.
- For other affected body parts, make a charcoal paste and apply it on the skin. Leave it on for half an hour; then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can take activated charcoal capsules orally to relieve gout pain and inflammation. Consult your doctor before using this option.
10. COLD WATER
PLACING THE AFFECTED AREA IN COLD WATER WILL REDUCE SWELLING AS WELL AS PAIN. WHEN YOU HAVE GOUT, DO NOT USE ICE DIRECTLY ON THE SKIN; IT CAN DAMAGE THE SKIN AND MAKE YOUR CONDITION WORSE.
- Immerse the inflamed, swollen joint in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat the process several times a day.
- You can use an ice pack for about 15 minutes, but wrap it in a towel before placing it on the affected area. Do this twice a day. Avoid excess use of ice packs because it can lead to crystallization of uric acid.
So, if you are suffering from gout, simply try these natural remedies to get relief from the pain and inflammation. Bear in mind, there is no quick cure. Time and determination are required to treat gout.
Source : naturalcuresnotmedicine.com