“Golden Milk” is a beautiful, tasty and incredibly healthy drink especially suitable for consumption in the evening, and the benefits are remarkable.
The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, polyphenol identified as the main active ingredient, which achieves more than 150 potential therapeutic activities, and includes antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
In combination with black pepper, the benefits of curcumin increase greatly.
- Anti-inflammatory activity, antioxidant, antiseptic, analgesic
- Strengthens the immune system
- Anti – cancerous
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels
- Promotes digestive health
- Liver detoxifier
- It regulates the metabolism and weight control
- High blood pressure
- Boosts the memory and the brain
- Different conditions of the skin
- Neurological disorders
- It reduces triglycerides
Adding black pepper to dishes seasoned with turmeric increases the bioavailability of curcumin for about 1000 times, because of piperine, pungent properties of black pepper. Yes, you read it right, mixing turmeric and black pepper together, increases the body absorption of turmeric to 2000%!
Step 1 – A paste of turmeric
– 1/4 cup turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
– 1/2 cup filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well. Turn heat to medium and mix constantly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It does not last long, so do not leave it on the stove. Allow the mixture to cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
Step 2 – Gold milk
– 1 cup almond milk (milk from hemp or coconut are also a good option, and Ayurveda recommends cow’s milk, but just in case you get naturally domestic milk from cows that are not treated violently)
– 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
– 1/4 teaspoon or more paste of turmeric
Combine all ingredients except the honey in a pot for cooking. Turn heat to medium. While heating constantly stir and do not let it boil. Add honey to taste.
Don’t forget to share your own experiences with us in the comment section below!