Millions of women use hair dyes, which according to British scientists contain chemicals linked to cancer.
A high 87% of breast cancer patients have used hair dye long-term, whereas 70% of ovarian cancer patients colored their hair one to four times per year.
A great advantage to natural methods of hair dyeing is that they do not damage the hair and can even strengthen it although they sometimes don’t give a long lasting result. The National Cancer Institute reports that there are more than 5,000 different chemicals used in popular hair dyes, and many of these are believed to be carcinogenic. Coffee, on the other hand, is a completely natural product with many beneficial properties.
According to a study published in the January 2007 issue of the International Journal of Dermatology, coffee can really stimulate hair growth. Using this simple natural coffee mixture, you can get the desired shade, shine, and you can even promote hair growth.
How to prepare a natural coffee hair color?
1. First make really strong organic coffee, preferably espresso, as non-organic coffee usually contains some added chemicals.
2. Leave it until it cools down.
3. Mix 2 cups of leave-in all natural conditioner with 2 tbsp. of organic coffee grounds and 1 cup of cold brewed coffee.
4. Apply the mixture on your hair leaving it in for about an hour. Your hair will get a beautiful chocolate color without any damage.
Using a simple coffee rinse
1. Shampoo your hair first and then rinse it with coffee. Leave it in for 20 minutes. Use apple cider vinegar afterwards to rinse the coffee off your hair and to help seal in the color. Finally, rinse it off with warm water.
In case you don’t get the desired results right away, do the same procedure for a few consecutive days to allow the coffee to penetrate the strands of your hair.