Acne are a very common issue especially among teenagers and as much as 75% of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 struggle with acne at some point in life. But it’s not just teenagers that have problems with this issue, some people can experience acne well into their 30ties and 40ties. When your pores and hair follicles become clogged with oil (sebum), dead skin cells, and dirt acne appear. And even though there are various reasons why they happen the following 5 factors contribute the most:
- Male sex hormones –Testosterone and other androgens are among the leading causes of acne. The androgen levels usually rise when you enter puberty and when acne usually start appearing.
- Oil production – When the androgen levels rise oil glands grow and start producing more sebum – thus acne appear.
- Dead skin cells – Dead skin cells can lead to clogged pores and acne if they’re not eliminated from the skin.
- Clogged Pores – Clogged pores are a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
- Bacteria – When your pores get clogged they can potentially get infected with bacteria resulting in a red swollen bump: a pimple.
Pimples usually appear on the face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest and are filled with pus and feel painful to the touch.
These are the most common types of pimples:
- Whiteheads – Pimples that form in clogged pores and remain under the skin
- Blackheads – Pimples that form in clogged pores and appear on the surface as black spots
- Cysts – Painful pus-filled lumps that appear on the surface of the skin.
- Nodules – Painful lumps that occur deep in the skin and appear as large pimples on the surface of the skin.
Whatever type of pimples or acne you suffer from the following mask will help you eliminate them all.
All-natural Cinnamon Mask for Acne
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Mix all the ingredients together to form a homogenous mixture. Apply the mixture on your face but make sure it doesn’t get into your eyes or mouth. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it with warm water. Pat it dry and apply facial lotion.
People with vascular diseases like rosacea or telangiectasia shouldn’t use honey in this mask because it can shrink the blood vessels and aggravate the condition.