Perhaps one of the most indispensable Kitchen tool every house has and is frequently being used is a Microwave.
Microwaves are electromagnetic energy that travel at the speed of light. The magnetron in the microwave oven produces wave energy which bombards the food molecules and makes the polarized molecules to radiate at the same frequency millions of times every second. This friction heats up the food which also causes ‘structural damage to the food molecules.
A Swiss study led by biologist and food scientist Dr. Hans Hertel identified the effects of microwaved food. For eight weeks, eight people lived in a controlled environment and intermittently ate raw foods, conventionally cooked foods and microwaved foods. Blood samples were tested after each meal. The microwaved food caused significant changes in blood chemistry.
He stated that“There are no atoms, molecules or cells of any organic system able to withstand such a violent, destructive power for any extended period of time, not even in the low energy range of milliwatts… This is how microwave cooking heat is generated – friction from this violence in water molecules. Structures of molecules are torn apart, molecules are forcefully deformed (called structural isomerism) and thus become impaired in quality.”
Another study conducted at Stanford University investigated the effects of microwaving breast milk. One of the head scientists said “Microwaving human milk, even at a low setting, can destroy some of its important disease-fighting capabilities.” They claimed that besides heating, there were many other disturbing alterations in the milk.
In Comparative Study of Food Prepared Conventionally and in the Microwave Oven, published by Raum&Zelt in 1992, they stated that:
“Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens. One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways. All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and overall white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased. Luminescent (light-emitting) bacteria were employed to detect energetic changes in the blood. Significant increases were found in the luminescence of these bacteria when exposed to blood serum obtained after the consumption of microwaved food.”
Furthermore, Microwaves were banned in 1976 due to their negative effect on health and well-being. The negative effects listed were of the following:
- Eating food processed from a microwave oven causes permanent brain damage by decreasing electrical impulses in the brain. The brain effects noted were loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
- The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths (tumors). This may explain the rapid increased rate of colon cancer in America.
- Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered
- The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
- Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and serum alterations.
- Microwaving milk and cereal grains converted some of their amino acids into carcinogens.
- Extremely short exposure of raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
Those were the several effects noted due to prolonged usage of Microwaves which should be taken seriously especially in this era of technological advancement where we tend to depend on instant solutions that yields fast products neglecting the health risks it pose to the entire human race.