Shingles is a viral infection that causes a painful rash. They can appear anywhere on your body but it most often appears as a single stripe of blisters that wraps around either the left or the right side of your torso. They are caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox, the varicella zoster virus. The virus lies dormant for years after you’ve had chicken pox and can become active as shingles at any time.
This condition, although not life-threatening, it can be quite painful which is why treatment should be administered immediately after its diagnosed. There are a number of natural remedies against shingles but we’ve compiled a list of the most effective ones:
- Flaxseed oil – Consume 1tbsp. twice a day.
- Lemon balm – apply it directly on the affected area or prepare a lemon balm tea. Mix 2 – 4 tbsp. of the lemon balm in some water and apply it on the shingle rash.
- Cat Claw – Take Cat Claw’s extract 3 times a day in 1,000 mg doses.
- Garlic – consume it raw or take garlic extract pills twice a day.
- Reishi Mushroom extract – take Reishi mushrooms extract 3 times a day, 500mg doses each.
- Eat lysine rich foods – apples, pears, yogurt, figs, asparagus, beans, pineapple, and meat.
- Don’t eat arginine rich foods – peanuts, cashews, pecans, sugars, chocolates, Brussels sprouts blueberries, pumpkin seeds, grapes, and tomatoes.