7. Oils to Remove Stretch Marks
Natural oils are excellent emollients and they have this capacity to treat all hair and scalp problems as also skin issues including stretch marks. The first thing you need to do is identify the right type of oil for the very purpose. For about half an hour daily you should gently massage your skin having stretch marks with oil. However, just applying oils to the marks (something near to soaking them in oil) can also do wonders. If doing so, you need to apply oil about 3 to 4 times a day. Olive oil, with all its loads of nutrients and antioxidant properties, is considered as one of the best oils for removing stretch marks but there are many other oils that you can use. The following oils are also good when it comes to curing stretch marks. Here is the list.
• Helichrysum oil
• Olive oil
• Lavender oil
• Geranium oil
• Chamomile oil
• Rose oil
• Frankincense oil
• Myrrh oil
The best solution is to mix the best oils for you and then apply to the marks. Here’s the recipe.
• ½ teaspoon oflavender oil
• ½ teaspoon ofchamomile oil
• 2 teaspoon ofalmond oil (or avocado oil, jojoba oil etc.)
• Mix almond oil,lavenderand chamomile.
• Mix them all together well.
• Apply this oil mix on your stretch marks every day.
• Do this preferably thrice or four times a day.
8. Cocoa- Shea Butter Homemade Cream to Remove Stretch Marks
If you are full of all those stretch marks removal creams available in the stores and bigger markets, you should make your own at home. You’ll be using some very commonly available ingredients,that are most skin friendly for this home made cream like:vitamin E oil,cocoa butterand Shea butter. The natural emollient and antioxidants properties of cocoa butter lends it excellent moisturizing ability which penetrates fast and deep into the skin repairing it from the inside and removing the stretch marks. The fatty acids of Shea butter, used by Africans since ages, aids cocoa butter in repairing the skin further. Shea butter can be absorbed by the skin very fast because it melts at body temperature. Vitamin E in your cream is a powerful antioxidant which will assist its natural wound healing process and penetrate through the layers of your skin while removing the scars on it.
• 2 teaspoon ofcocoa butter
• 2teaspoon ofshea butter
• 1 teaspoon ofVitamin E oil
• Melt the cocoa butter andShea butter.
• To the melted butters,add vitamin E oil.
• Mix thoroughly.
• Store it in a container.
• Once it cools down the cream will get into solid state.
Each time when you apply this cream on your stretch marks, it will melt as soon as it comes in contact with your skin. Apply this cream at least two times a day after having bath.
9. Egg Whites to Remove Stretch Marks
With the fact that egg white contains 40 different proteins,you can understand why it is so useful for skin health. Egg whites are also rich in vitamin A and collagen and thus can treat burns or scars too effectively. So go ahead with this remedy and apply egg white on your stretch marks.
• By separating the yolk from the egg take out the egg white.
• Beat the egg white a little with a fork
• Apply it on your stretch marks.
• Leave it to work for 15 minutes
• Wash it off with water.
Apply some oil (like olive oil) or moisturizer after you dry the area.
10. Eat Well to Remove Stretch Marks
You also need to keep your skin well nourished, apart from keeping it well hydrated. Lack of nutrients inside your body can never give you the full benefits of lotions, creams, masks,oils or any other thing that you apply externally on your skin.
- Have a good amount of proteins every day. Egg whites, beans, yogurt,fish, nuts and seeds like those of squash and watermelon seeds,pumpkin, peanuts, almonds etc.
- To encourage growth of skin tissues consume foods high in Vitamin E and C. Dark leafy greens, papaya, peppers, guavas, broccoli, gooseberries, strawberries,orangesare high in vitamin C. Kale, wheat,spinach, nuts, olive oil, tropical fruits like kiwi and papaya are rich in Vitamin E.
- During your pregnancy consumenuts and seeds rich in mineral content (especially zinc). This tones up your skin well.
- Obesity can cause stretching of the skin giving you those ugly stretch marks, soavoid saturated fats in your diet as they make you gain weight.