Abounding in fiber, bananas have numerous health benefits. On the list of most popular foods, they come fourth after rice, wheat and corn. Apart from the high nutrient content, another advantage that makes bananas perfect to be incorporated in any dietary regime is the low price and availability. Many people don’t know that bananas can actually stimulate weight loss if you eat nearly nothing else except bananas, but can also lead to weight gain if you eat eight to ten bananas a day, along with regular meals.
It is this method of weight loss known as ‘mono-fruiting’ that nutritionist Yulia Tarbath followed for 12 days, eating only bananas to detoxify her body and lose weight naturally.
Along with eating bananas for 12 straight days, Yulia also drank plenty of water, got sufficient rest, and did regular exercise. She first noticed that her digestion was improved and she didn’t feel stomach discomfort any more. Plus, she became more relaxed and stress free, and many ailments she used to have, started fading away. In other words, both her physical and emotional health were significantly improved.
What did she do?
In order to test the health benefits of bananas, Yulia, a nutritionist and a motivational coach, followed the mono-fruit diet i.e. diet based on one fruit for a specified number of days. She also calls it banana island diet.
What does the banana island entail?
· The number of bananas you can eat a day is unlimited; you can also try it with another fruit. Although it’s a mono-fruit diet, some people add 1 type of greens, such as lettuce in the last meal of the day.
· ONLY ripe bananas are allowed, and no under-eating or calorie-restricting is required, which means you eat your usual calories.
· Get sufficient water intake, up to 3l a day.
· Keep on your typical workout routine.
· Get enough rest as your body will be going through deeper detox and restoration.
· According to research, bananas are ideal for your weight loss regime. For one thing, a six inch banana has about 90 calories, which is much fewer than the calories in any candy bar. Moreover, the fiber content in this fruit is soluble, thus it absorbs water and slows down digestion.
This is what happened during her banana island diet:
· No detox symptoms were present whatsoever, and she felt great during the period.
· Her mind was clearer, which allowed her to perform tasks and activities much better than before.
· In her words, it was a busy inner journey for her.
· She felt balanced and positive.
· Her skin was softer and more radiant.
· She ran 22km up and down a very steep mountain called Doi Suthep in Chaing Mai, Thailand and recovered in much less time. Plus, she didn’t experience any leg pain.
· Her body felt more flexible than ever.
The weight loss properties in bananas come from the many nutrients they contain. For one thing, a single banana has 108 calories, which equal 17.5g carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are essential for proper body function. However, excess carbohydrates can lead to weight gain. Apart from carbs, bananas are also abundant in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Plus, the pectin they contain staves off cravings for a longer time. That’s why bananas are perfect for any weight loss regime.
Moreover, bananas have a low glycemic index, which is also beneficial when losing weight. Regular banana intake balances increased blood sugar levels.
Please see the Video below and find out if it’s dangerous to eat only Bananas for 12 days.