If you have excess body fat, especially visceral fat, the one that compromises the health of your vital internal organs, this amazing two-ingredient recipe will help you shed it in less than two weeks. Even though it flushes fat on its own, this fat-burning drink is even more efficient when combined with a balanced diet and regular workout routine.
Best of all, it’s made of only 2 ingredients that you most likely have in your fridge.
- 400g celery root
- 1kg lemons
Grate the celery root and add it to 2l of filtered water. Add some grated lemon peel to this. Cook for 20 minutes, then leave to cool for 5-6 hours.
Squeeze the juice of 1kg of lemons and add it to the boiled celeriac. Mix well before you strain the liquid. Store in a glass bottle and keep in the fridge for longer shelf life.
Consume before meals 3 times a day. Drink about 1dl at a time. If the taste is too strong, dilute with water.
Health Benefits of Celeriac
One of the healthiest vegetables, celery root is abundant in vitamins A, C, K and E, essential oils, carotene, microelements and other nutrients. It has a wide range of health benefits and the most important include:
- It’s quite low in calories; for example 100g root packs just 42 calories. On the other hand, it’s rich in plant-nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
- Similarly to other root vegetables, celeriac also contains numerous poly-acetylene anti-oxidants such as falcarinol, falcarindiol, panaxydiol, and methyl-falcarindiol, all of which have anti-cancer properties and can protect from colon cancer and acute lymphoblastic leukemia, according to several research studies from scientists at University of Newcastle at Tyne.
- Celery root is an excellent source of vitamin K; 100g root provides nearly 34% of the recommended daily intake. Vitamin-K is particularly important for your bone health because it improves bone mineralization and promotes osteotrophic activity in the bones. It is also believed to reduce neuronal brain damage in Alzheimer’s patients.
- The root is abundant in some of the essential minerals including phosphorus, iron, calcium, copper, and manganese. Phosphorus is necessary for cell metabolism, maintaining blood buffer system, bone and teeth formation. Copper supports immunity, prevents anemia, and improves bone metabolism.
- In addition, it packs some valuable B-complex vitamins including pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin; moderate amounts of vitamin C are found in fresh celery root.