We all love them cookies! I know I do. But I always try to avoid them because I know how unhealthy they are. But not always. Here is a recipe for healthy cookies, and I don’t mean using artificial sweeteners.
These chocolate avocado cookies, have the avocado replacing the butter. These cookies are organic and not all that bad for you! Avocados are rich and soft, therefore, they make a great substitute for unhealthy butter. You can’t taste the avocado, so don’t freak out.
Here is the recipe
- 2 ounces organic unsweetened chocolate melted in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 organic egg and one organic egg white
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree avocado in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth
- Add other ingredients, one at a time and pulse until the batter is smooth
- Chill the batter in the fridge for one hour
- Fill a pastry bag and pipe batter onto cookie sheet, or drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes.