The large intestine or also called the colon or the large bowel, is the last part of the digestive system which is one of the most important organs in your body. Your colon is responsible for removing waste left behind by food and drink.
Water is absorbed at the colon and the remaining waste material is stored as feces before being removed through the process of defecation.
While the body’s natural mechanism is too remove the toxins from the body, it is important that we help and support our body in removing huge amounts of toxins and irritants we take in on a daily basis through regular cleansing of your colon, which, in a long run, can make you feel less bloated, will decrease the occurrence of digestive issues.
There are a lot of Natural Colon Cleansing Methods that you can use to keep your Colon healthy and in optimum function. You can try these methods:
- Apple Juice. The high acid and fructose content of the apple juice naturally cleanses the digestive system. Drink one or two cups of apple juice per day to flush your colon. Make sure you are using 100% pure, no-sugar-added juice.
- Sea salt: Sea salt has dozens of vitamins and nutrients that can stimulate the digestive system. Stir some into your bath until it dissolves or add a teaspoon to your drinking water.
- Water: Hydration is at the core of a functional digestive system. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water/ day is recommended.
- Flaxseed: This seed is extremely high in fiber which helps to remove even difficult-to-digest foods through your system quickly and with ease.
- Ginger: Ginger has been used for thousands of years for its digestive health properties. Simply chewing on a chunk of ginger or stirring grated ginger into your tea can have numerous digestive benefits.
- Juicing: Vegetable juicing is extremely popular right now. Getting plenty of vegetable juice in your diet can stimulate the digestive process and keep your colon from getting backed up. For best results, use organic vegetables and juice them yourself immediately before drinking.
- High-fiber diet: Fiber is just as important as water when it comes to digestive health. Get a mix of soluble and insoluble fiber to promote digestive health in a variety of ways.
- Yogurt: With its range of probiotics and healthy bacteria, yogurt can support your digestive system very well. Just one cup of yogurt a day can make a big difference.
Once your colon is fully cleansed and you keep it that way, you should start to notice many different health benefits. It won’t take long for your body to enjoy the advantages of a well-tuned digestive system and a healthy colon. Cleansing should not be costly; what’s far more important is your discipline and dedication to give an ample time to cleanse your body as much as you can.