There is nothing more annoying than bug bites. The thing is that addressing bug eradication with conventional repellents can be both expensive and harmful for your health.
Luckily, there is a way to eradicate bugs without endangering your or the health of your family. What you can do is create your own bug repellent which won’t pose a risk to your children’s health or your own. Be certain that the spray ingredients you will be using are strong enough to fight irritating bugs.
There are several things you can do with these ingredients, such as producing a convenient all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, fabric softener, tile scrub etc.
To create the finest organic bug repellent you will need the following ingredients:
- 10 drops of Lavender
- 1-15 oz. bottle of witch hazel
- 10-12 drops of Lemongrass
- 10-12 drops of Eucalyptus
- 10-12 drops of Citronella
1. Divide the witch hazel between two small bottles. One should be for outside use whereas the other one for anything else that could require a bug treatment. Some people are in the habit of taking some repellent with them whenever they go out at night as bugs tend to be very active this time of day. You can almost fill the bottles, leaving approximately ½” of space at the top.
2. Add all the other oils to the witch hazel. Then close the bottles and shake them well until the oils blend well. Don’t forget to shake the mixture again before each use.
What’s amazing about this insect repellent is that it smells great, so you won’t have anything against using it all over the place. What’s more, it’s extremely helpful in repelling mosquitoes.
Why It Is Highly Recommended?
The conventional insect repellent usually gives off a smell that most people find disgusting and are always in a hurry to get rid of as soon as possible. But with this homemade natural repellent it’s quite the opposite. You will not only feel safe from bugs but also not mind having it all over your body.
Another thing that makes this bug spray so positively different from other repellents is the fact that it doesn’t feel sticky on your skin even when you have to wear it all day and all night.
What’s great about this insect repellent is that you know exactly what’s in it, i.e. you know for sure you’re using a bug spray that is chemical free and not harmful to your health or the environment.
In case you feel fed up with dangerous bug repellents, give this a try. Plus, it’s quite simple. For more information on this insect repellent recipe visit Premeditated Leftovers.