Butter is an excellent source of vitamin A which is essential for healthy eyes, skin, teeth, tissues and membranes. Also, it plays a role in gene transcription. Butter contains short and medium chain fatty acids which can prevent cancer.
How to Make Organic Butter
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- Sea salt, to taste
Note: HHL recommends using raw organic heavy cream if possible.
- Put the cream in a food processor and process for about 10 minute. The method can be slightly longer if you want to do it in 5 min or less, watch the video below. You should get a thick whipped cream.
- Continue processing until it gets grainy and separate into butter and butter milk. Drain the buttermilk from butter.
- Scrape the butter from the sides and transfer it in a clean bowl. Put the butter in a colander and strain off the buttermilk.
- Wash the butter with cold water, gently turning the butter with a spoon while the cold water runs over it until the water runs clear.
- Then, squeeze more liquid from the butter with wooden paddles or spoon to smash the butter and pour off liquid.
- Store it in a jar or bowl, and keep it in your fridge or freezer. This homemade organic butter has a shelf life of several months.