You may be aware of a number of fabulous baking soda purposes that go beyond its use in cooking. This product among other benefits can help you maintain hygiene in the household and beauty care. However, in some situations, it should be avoided.
1. Do you often suffer from heartburn? Baking soda is in these situations extremely effective medicine, but it should not be exaggerated. If you often plague these problems, however, contact your doctor.
2. Although baking soda is excellent for cleaning the household, please do not use it on the containers of aluminum. There may be some unwanted effects and stains may appear on the dishes.
3. If you place an open bag of baking soda in the refrigerator or pouring it into a bowl, will not be as effective in neutralizing odors. For the best effect it is necessary to sprinkle baking soda on a tray and keep it on a shelf in the fridge.
However, it will take a large area in the fridge and it will be less room for other foods.
4. You probably know that you can use baking soda to extinguish burning oil. However, this is not a simple procedure. Even if you have a large amount of baking soda, there is no safe distance from which you can sprinkle the soda on a pan or pot on fire.
Therefore, forget about this role of baking soda and obtain efficient fire extinguisher that will always be at hand.
5. Baking soda has many useful applications in skin care. However, with respect to the alkaline substance, it is not recommended for the treatment of acne. The soda eliminates the natural acids in the skin, thus creating favorable conditions for the spread of acne.
6. They may look similar, but baking soda and baking powder don’t have the same effect. Both products generate carbon dioxide in certain circumstances, which provide an excellent texture on the baked goods. However, baking soda reacts with acids that are already in the food. On the other hand, the baking powder in it has acid.
Therefore, it is not good to change them with one another.