Healthy eating habits are the basis of good health. Simple dietary changes, especially those regarding your snacks, can significantly improve your wellbeing. Instead of consuming empty calories, choosing your snacks wisely will help you achieve your health objectives more easily.
For example, yogurt is an amazing snack substitute in terms of nutrients because it is packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. Moreover, it’s abundant in probitics, which significantly improve your immune system.
Regular consumption of yoghurt can provide numerous health benefits, the most important of which is that it offers a variety of probiotics. These nutrients prevent infections, destroy harmful bacteria in the body, and stimulate proper digestion.
Although store-bought yogurt is also rich in probiotics, the homemade variety is far more beneficial because it provides the greatest concentration of probiotics possible, because it’s made of raw, organic milk.
Numerous studies confirm that there are lots of reasons to regularly include yogurt in your diet – it improves your digestive system and boosts your immunity. Plus, homemade yogurt is free of preservatives and chemicals, thus its concentration of nutrients is higher.
Investing some of your time to prepare this highly beneficial food, will provide you with numerous health benefits.
HOMEMADE YOGURT RECIPE
It’s quite simple to prepare homemade yoghurt and once you learn how to do it, you’ll never resort to a store-bought variety again.
- 1 quart of raw, organic milk (preferably goat`s milk)
- 2 tbsps. store-bought yogurt to use as a starter (choose organic one, without added sugar)
- 4-quart saucepan
- An electric heating pad
- 1 ice cube tray
- A wire whisk
- A food-grade thermometer
- Bath towel
- 1 quart-sized Mason jar
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- Bring it to the boil, but avoid scorching.
- Pour the milk into a Mason jar and let it cool down to 110°. Use a food-grade thermometer to make sure you reach the right temperature.
- Add the starter yogurt stirring well. Close the jar.
- Wrap it in the heating pad first, and then in the towel.
- Leave it wrapped in the turned-on heating pad for 7-10 hours.
- Finally, remove the jar from the heating pad and keep it refrigerated
- In the morning, your homemade yoghurt will be ready to use.
- Alternatively, you can add some spices or fruits to improve the taste.
Source: Healthy Way of Life