You don’t need to buy the conventional cough drops that are full with toxic substances and artificial flavors, because now you can make some of your own. These cough drops can be customized to reflect your personal taste and preference and are extremely easy to make. I like adding essential oils to my natural remedies. They help your body’s chemistry fight the viruses &bacteria that are causing your symptoms, thus building up your immune system.
The volatile oil menthol can be found in the peppermint essential oil, which helps ease sore throats and helps soothe the bronchial. It also has anti-inflammatory, carminative, insecticidal,antibacterial, antiviraland antispasmodic properties.
- About 2 tablespoons of water
- Zest of one lemon
- 5 ounces of raw honey
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Place the honey and the water in a small saucepan, and heat it over a low flame until the mixture starts boiling.
- Cover it for 4 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- While stiring add the lemon zest and the peppermint essential oil.
- Drop small amounts of the mixture onto the cookie sheet, using a teaspoon and make sure that you leave some space between them, because they’ll get bigger.
- Leave them to harden. They should be done in approximately 30 minutes.
- Letthem cool for half an hour and store them in an air-tight container. Keep them for 3-6 months in dry conditions.
Source : livingtraditionally.com