Holistic medicine traditionally uses ginger for treatment of various health issues, including stomach sickness and arthritis pain. Ginger ale can be made from both fresh and dried ginger, plus sugar and some lemon juice.
Does ginger reduce pain and inflammation?
Among the other health benefits, ginger has proved highly efficient in soothing muscle and back pain. Moreover, it has strong anti-inflammatory properties due to its high content of natural compounds called gingerols. A number of clinical studies have concluded that ginger provides considerable pain relief to people suffering from degenerative or rheumatoid arthritis and/or chronic muscle pain.
Ginger Ale Recipe for Pain and Inflammation
- 1 cup (200g) peeled, finely chopped ginger
- 2 cups (450ml) purified water
- 1 cup (225g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (115ml) club soda (per glass)
- A few drops of lime juice
- Lime slices (for garnish)
- In a saucepan boil 2 cups of water.
- Add the ginger (peeled and chopped finely).
- Reducing the heat to medium-low, leave the ginger simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Remove the ginger pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, make the simple syrup.
- Dissolve 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of boiling water.
- Mix 1/2 cup of ginger water with 1/3 cup of the simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda.
- Add some raw organic honey to sweeten the taste.
- Add some lime juice to taste.
Other Health Benefits of Ginger Ale
Ginger is highly beneficial for relieving indigestion and nausea. Moreover, it reduces bad cholesterol and high blood sugar. It can sooth respiratory conditions and cough as well. It successfully reduces fever relieving symptoms of cold and flu. Plus, it’s beneficial for blood circulation and cancer prevention.