Once in a while, we have to help our body get rid of the toxins we take in. Although we have kidneys which can flush toxins through urination, and our digestive system which passes our toxins out of the body through defecation, it is but proper to assist our body from time to time -the very reason why detox was developed and introduced to the public to increase awareness that we need to support our bodily functions too.
One of the detox created is Coconut oil detox which is a natural way to cleanse your body of toxins in a short time. It’s a very effective way to rid the body of harmful parasites, bacteria and viruses we commonly acquired through the foods we eat. The detox primarily consist of coconut oil which has high lauric acid and caprylic acid content which possess antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. These substances attack harmful bacteria but leave friendly bacteria alone, which leads to a balanced gut flora in the digestive system.
Moreover, it has medium chain triglycerides, which help to strengthen and build up the immune system.
How to Make a Coconut Oil detox? It’s very simple. The ingredients and procedure is listed below:
- ½ teaspoon of Organic, raw extra virgin coconut oil (It is important to use organic and raw extra virgin coconut oil to make sure you are getting the best possible benefits from coconut oil).
- Drink ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, three times per day for the first 2 weeks. (especially for the first timers)
- Gradually work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons three times daily. It may take two weeks to work up to the full amount.
- When you feel comfortable taking this much coconut oil, then you should be ready to start a coconut oil detox.A coconut oil cleanse consists of mixing coconut oil in warm water and drinking it from three to seven days.
- During the cleansing period, it is necessary to consume as much water as possible in order to help flush out the parasites.
Note: During the coconut oil detox, you need to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil daily. Two tablespoons can be taken at 2-hour intervals throughout the day.
If you can’t tolerate the taste of coconut oil, blend it with some plain, organic, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt.
You can also eat no more than 4 ounces of fresh, non-dried, unsweetened coconut meat which is rich in fiber and nourishes the good bacteria in your gut.