Cayenne pepper has an ingredient called capsaicin that works like a pain reliever. Capsaicin’s pain-relieving or natural analgesic properties reduce pain in the affected knee and produce a warm sensation.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder with half a cup of warm olive oil and mix until you get a paste – like mass. Apply the paste on the affected knee twice a day for at least 7 days.
- You can also mix one cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter or ahalfteaspoon of cayenne pepper powder. Soak the affected knee in this solution and keep it soaked for 20 minutes once or twice a day until the inflammation and the pain is reduced.
- You can even apply a gel containing 0.0125 percent of capsaicin topically to reduce knee pain.
Note: Do not take the turmeric remedy if are taking blood – thinning medicine, because turmeric can make the blood thinner.
Eucalyptus oil has pain-relieving or analgesic properties that help reduce the knee pain. The cooling sensation of this oil is very helpful in easeing knee pain from arthritis.
- Blend together 5-7 drops each of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. Then, mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Keep the mixture stored in a dark glass bottle, away from direct sunlight.
- Whenever you feel pain in your knees apply this mixture on.
- You need to massage gently to make sure that the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
Epsom salt contains a very important ingredient that has been shown to provide relief from knee pain and that is magnesium sulfate. Magnesium works as a natural muscle relaxant that helps remove the excess fluid from the tissues, in turn reducing pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Add half a cup of epsom salt in a hot bath and and stir it well.
- Put the affected knee in this warm solution, and keep it soaked for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure few times a week until the knee pain stops completely.
Note: Those suffering from heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes should not take this remedy.
If after one or two weeks of treatment with these remedies you still have the knee pain, consult your doctor and find out the exact cause of the knee pain and the treatment options.
Source : www.healthylifetricks.com