The causes for knee pain are many, but some of the most common are aging and weakening of the bone structure. The knee pain is a common medical condition and is often experienced by older people. Women are two times more prone to knee pain than men.
Beside pain in the knee, it is more likely that you will experience redness,numbness in the affected leg, noticeable swelling, difficulty walking or standing and stiffness in the knee.
In this article we are going to present you some of the most effective home remedies in reducing and sometimes completely removing the pain.
It doesn’t matter if the knee pain is due to muscle strain or injury, arthritis, ginger is the most effective remedy to alleviate the pain. It is effective because of the presence of the anti-inflammatory compounds in it. Ginger successfully reducesthe pain as well as the swelling on the knee.
- In a cup of water add a small piece of ginger root and boil it for 10 minutes. After that strain it and add lemon juice and a little honey. Consume2-3 cups of the ginger tea every day until the pain is gone.
- Another helpful solution is to massage the affected knee with ginger oil 2 or 3 times a day until your knee is healed.
Lemon is also very beneficial as a home remedy for pain in the knee caused by arthritis. The main cause of some types of arthritis is the uric acid crystals and the citric acid found in lemon works as a solvent for the uric acid crystals.
- Chopa lemon into tiny pieces.
- Putthe pieces on a cotton cloth and dip it in warm sesame oil.
- Wrap the cloth around the affected knee and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until the pain vanishes completely.
It is also beneficial to drink the juice of one squeezed lemon diluted in a glass of lukewarm water every morning on an empty stomach.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Due to its alkalizing effect apple cider vinegar is very helpful in reducing the pain in the knee. Apple cider vinegar helps dissolve the harmful toxins and mineral build-ups within the knee joint. It is also very helpful in restoring the joint lubricants thus helpingpromote mobility and reduce the pain.
- In 2 cups of filtered water mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Sip this mixture throughout the day. Drink this mixtureevery day until you recover completely.
- You can also add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a bath tub of hot water. Keep the affected knee soaked in the water for 30 minutes. Do this once a daycontinuously for a few days.
- Also, you can mix together 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Use the mixture to massage the affected knee once or twice a day until the pain is gone.
Turmeric is a natural e and ffective way to relieve knee pain. The chemical contained in turmeric called curcumin has antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the pain.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) confirmed that turmeric can slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis, one of the main causes of knee pain.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric and ground ginger in a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Than strain it and add honey fora better taste. Consume the mixture twice a day.
- Put 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and boil it. Sweeten it with honey and drink it once a day.
- Another option is to consume 250 to 500 mg turmeric capsules three times a day.
Consume these remedies daily until the pain is gone completely.
Pages: 1 2