Everyone will agree that a flat tummy is the hardest to achieve. Toned abdominal muscles ask for a effort, but most importantly, dedication. You have to do your workout regularly; otherwise you’ll take ages to get the desired results.
On the other hand, modern hectic lifestyle leaves little, if any, free time for regular exercise at the gym or at yoga classes. But, this is not a cause for worry because you can tone your abs at home too.
The first thing to do is measure your waistline with a measuring tape. Do it in a standing position, ensuring the tape measure is level. If you’re a woman, your waist size shouldn’t exceed 35 inches, for health reasons mostly. If you’re a man, keep your waist size below 40 inches.
Another important thing to do when starting your workout routine is to warm up first. Stretch your muscles for 5-10 minutes to avoid possible injuries. After you finish with your warm-up session, continue with the flat-belly workout we recommend below.
Flat Stomach Workout
- Burpees / Squat Thrust – 3 sets 10 of reps
- Crunches – 3 sets 15 of reps
- Hindu / Judo Push-up / Dive Bombers – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Mountain Climbers / Alternating Knee-ins – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Jump Squat – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lying Leg Raise / Lift – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Windshield Wipers – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Superman / Extended Arms & Legs Lift – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Pull-In Knee-up – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Side Plank – 3 sets of 30 reps
- Inchworm / Walk Out – 3 sets of 15 reps
- Plank – 3 sets of 30 reps
Aim at working out at least 3 times a week for optimal flat belly results.