Green clay is an amazing natural solution for many types of skin problems, especially in relation to greasy or combination skin. Similarly, it can be highly beneficial for treatment of oily hair and dandruff. Green clay can detoxify, cleanse and soften hair and skin. It’s extremely beneficial for absorbing oils, toxins and impurities from your skin and hair. Plus, green clay has a toning effect that improves circulation and revives dull and damaged skin cells due to the abundance of important minerals. These vital nutrients replenish dull skin thus restoring its life and shine. All in all, green clay removes impurities while nurturing skin with important nutrients.
If you want to significantly improve your hair health and quality in a natural way, no other home treatment gives better or more immediate results than a green clay mask for hair. It will:
- balance sebum production,
- deep-cleanse your scalp,
- prevent dandruff,
- maintain your hair clean longer, while it gives it an extra luster and softness.
HOW TO MAKE A GREEN CLAY MASK
To make a green clay hair mask at home, you need the following:
- 4 tablespoons of green clay
- juice of half a lemon
- Using a glass or plastic container, dilute the green clay in some mineral water. For optimal results, it’s best to avoid tap water.
- Stir well with a spoon or spatula until you get a smooth paste.
- When the green clay has blended well, add the lemon juice and mix again so that all ingredients blend well. Lemon juice is used to intensify the astringent properties of green clay, which are perfect for regulating sebum production and keeping hair clean for longer.
- Once you’ve made the green clay mask, apply it to your hair, preferably on damp hair. First apply a thin layer directly on your scalp and massage with circular movements for a few minutes.
- Let the mask act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and shampoo as you normally do.
- For even better results, follow the mask with a simple hair rinse of a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water in a ratio 1:2. This is recommended as apple cider vinegar restores your hair’s pH balance and provides great shine.
For best results, do the green clay hair treatment once a week. You will soon notice that your hair is becoming softer, thicker and less greasy.