Stress is inevitable in our daily lives and what we usually do to release our tension is to engage in activities that promotes relaxation. Some of which includes Yoga, Meditation, Massage and Reflexology.
Reflexology is an alternative medicine which involves the application of pressure to either your hands or your feet using specific thumb, finger and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It is based on a system of zones and reflex areas that purportedly reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands which gently affects your organs, glands, and each part of your body by stimulating reflex areas/points on your feet, hands, face and ears. It has a calming effect that can put you into a state of rest while feeling relaxed. Also, whether you’re trying to shed excess pounds or make better lifestyle choices, reflexology can help.
Stimulating the areas on your foot with its glands and organ systems allows you to determine which areas you need to focus with.
How do I do it?
Using your thumb or index finger, simply press for five seconds on each of the following areas indicated.
- The hypothalamus area of your brain (outside of big toe) controls appetite and thirst.
- The pituitary or “master gland”(center of big toe) stimulates and balances hormonal secretions of all other glands.
- Your thyroid (bottom of big toe) regulates your metabolism.
- The solar plexus/diaphragm (under ball of foot) reduces stress.
- The adrenal glands (near inner edge of foot at center sole) help to maintain your energy levels to burn off calories.
- Stimulating the urinary system helps to release water retention.
- The colon and intestines of the digestive system (near bottom of foot at center sole) are stimulated to promote elimination and relieve bloating.
Try it for yourself and you’ll notice a huge difference in and out afterwards.
Source: Mind Body Green