You probably know the feeling of an extreme snacking urge that comes upon you so hard that it makes you reach for the first muffin or potato chips that come by. The thing is that these quick snacks will only satisfy you for a couple of minutes, leaving you frustrated that you ate them and even prompt more cravings afterwards.
The recipe provided here comes from Alina Islam, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner from Toronto, Canada, and it’s an excellent alternative to unhealthy snacks. Plus, it satisfies your sweet craving without making you feel worse right afterwards. What’s best about it is that it only has two ingredients and is really simple to make. It does however take some time, but it’s the oven that does the work while you enjoy your favorite TV series or do some other chores around the house.
Baked Apple Chips
– 2-3 apples
– Cinnamon, as much as you like
1. Slice the apples as thinly as possible (so that the core, or a hole, is in the middle of each circular slice) with a sharp knife.
2. Preheat the oven to 220F.
3. Lay the apple slices on two baking sheets, leaving equal space between each slice.
4. Sprinkle the apple slices with as much cinnamon as you like.
5. Put the trays in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
6. Flip over the apple slices, then bake for another hour.
Enjoy your snack!