We all spend a great deal of time and money on our face and hair. We try our best to make them look perfectly shiny, smooth and glowy, sparing nothing in the process. However, in all our efforts to look young and beautiful we somehow always forget about our hands, which is very wrong. The skin on our hands is very thin and sensitive which is why it’s always the first to show the signs of aging. There is also very little fat on the back of the hands, so when collagen and elastin fibers begin breaking down, it’s quite noticeable. In combination with the damaging effects from the frequent dish washing and the exposure to the outside elements, you can imagine how our hands can suffer if not treated properly. That’s why it’s very important to care for our hands as much as we do for our face and hair, and maybe even more. But you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive cosmetic products, you can do this with some simple natural ingredients which you probably already have at home and we’ll show you exactly how. The natural remedies we’re about to share are simple and easy to make, all you have to do is follow the instructions below.
- Egg – If you want to improve your skin’s elasticity you can use eggs. Separate the egg whites and mix them with 1 tbsp. of honey. Apply this mixture on your hands with a brush and let it dry. Rinse with some soap and water and that’s it.
- Potato – if you want silky smooth hands you’ll need a potato. Get a medium-sized potato and bake it. Mash it with a fork and add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of honey, and milk and mix everything until it’s smooth. Store it in the fridge and apply it 2-3 times a week. Leave the mixture for 15 minutes and wash your hands with soap.
- Rosehip oil– this oil will provide firmness and elasticity to the aging skin, and it will also nourish it. Massage your hands daily with this oil to rejuvenate and relax them.
Hands with spots
Lemon and sugar
This is a simple and easy remedy which you can prepare in no time. All you need to do is mix the juice of half a lemon with 2 tsps. of sugar. Massage your hands with the resulting mixture using circular motions to stimulate microcirculation. Then, rinse it off with soap and cold water. The results will amaze you!
Almond oil- First, you need to dip your hands in almond oil. Then, place them in cold water and hold for 5 minutes. Dry them and apply some moisturizer. Next, put on some cotton gloves and let it act overnight. The next morning, your hand will be soft and smooth.
Petroleum jelly- Put some petroleum jelly on your hands and put on cotton gloves. Leave it overnight.
Things to avoid:
- Avoid biting your nails- it affects the skin and slows down the process of regeneration.
- Avoid hot water since it dries the skin. Use warm water instead.
- It is recommended that you always wear gloves during winter because the cold weather can dry and irritate the skin on your hands.