Many people that suffer from joint pain will do anything to get rid of this annoying condition. A report on the U.S. News statedthat 46 million Americans suffer with some form of joint pain, including arthritis and by 2030, 40% of American adults are expected to suffer with some form of joint pain. Even though, over-the-counter “Pain Medications” or Rx prescribed medications are used to treat joint pain, many are turning to natural alternatives.
In 2012 nearly 18% of Americans took herbal supplements, a popular form of complementary medicine, was reported be the National Health Care Serves. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, reports 38% of American adults use some form of complementary medicine.
Foods that Eliminate Joint Pain Naturally
Let’s examine different foods, including vegetables, olive oil, fruits, herbs and rhizomes, that are being used medicinally for naturaljoint pain elimination.
According to a group of researchers, which conducted a studyin 2011 on Pain Medicine, using ginger to see its effectiveness on pain, they wrote that they had used different types and dosages of ginger (alone or with other substances such as glucosamine) but couldn’t determine the effectiveness of ginger.
Though the researchers did credit ginger’s reported health benefits to the various volatile oils, especially shagaols and gingerols, which give ginger its bite. They also wrote that ginger is better than ibuprofen (without the toxins or side effects on the liver) in pain relieving.
No more than 4 grams of ginger daily, from food and supplements is the recommended dosage. That is the same as2 teaspoons of chopped fresh ginger,2 thin slices of fresh or candied ginger (1 inch in diameter)or the equivalent in ginger capsules (1,000 milligrams equals 1 gram).
It was reported in a recent study that 250 mg. of ginger extract taken four times daily to be effective in easing the joint pain of osteoarthritis.
If any of the following apply to you, for precautionary reasons, ask your health care provider before using ginger medicinally: breastfeeding or pregnant, have diabetes or take blood thinners such as warfarin or aspirin.
Fruits that eliminate Joint Pain
Agood way to eliminate joint pain naturally is fruits. The vitamins of fruits or also known as antioxidants which work to reduce inflammation in the body, in turn alleviating joint pain. The following are some great fruits to eat to manage joint pain.
– Apples have shown to help lower levels of C-reactive protein and are rich in antioxidants. Make sure to eat the peel as well,because the most beneficial substances of the apple are found in the peel.
– Blueberries contain high levels of a phytonutrient that helps with production of collagen calledanthocyanin. How so? Collagen is a protein that helps strengthen cartilage and helps hold body tissue together. Collagen is helping to create a healthy skeleton by keeping thejoints strong, including the bones.Eating a cup of these berries (frozen or fresh) a day can be a protection against tissue damage.
– Cherries contain high amounts of phytochemicals that reduce inflammation. Particularly tart cherries may be even higher in anthocyanin than blueberries.
– Rhubarb is a good source of calcium, which is vital to skeletal bone health and strength. Steaming rhubarb can provide your body with more usable calcium than if it is eaten raw.
– Strawberries have shown to help lower levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) in the blood. CRP is an inflammation that is causing the joint pain, andis a measure of inflammation in the body.
Pages: 1 2