Turmeric is very popular because of the many health benefits It has. It has anti-inflammatory characteristics which are making it perfect for treating bones ankles and disabling the expansion of few types of cancer.
Together with this, by using turmeric you will have the next benefits: It will remove toxins from your kidneys, bolster your metabolism, protect you from depression, psoriasis, some skin ailments and arthritis.
These healing characteristics are the reason why it is pervasive in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine.
If you intend to use turmeric in the future, I will present you a recipe for turmeric juice.
- Organic raw honey
- 2 lemons
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
Some of these things will be required too: blender, strainer, bowl and mason or glass jar with a cover.
- Remove the skin of the turmeric (don’t worry if you have yellow color on your hands, it is easy washable with a soap)
- Get the inside roots from the tamarind. The inside fruit is only required for this recipe.
- Grab a large pot and pour some water. Put the turmeric inside and place it on heat. It should boil for 20 minutes. When the water gets the marigold color you should remove the pot from the heat.
- Meanwhile, while it boils put one inch water in a pan together with the previously stripped off tamarind. Mix it well with a wooden spoon until it dissolves into jam like texture. If it looks dry you can add some water. Once the texture is looking soft you need to turn off the heat.
- For cooling down the turmeric water you can add some cold water. Then you will need to blend it with the turmeric. Because it is boiled, it will have stronger taste. Eventually you will get a composite that will have extra fiery marigold look.
- Pour the composite into the strainer which is placed atop of a small bowl In order to catch the tamarind. Strain the jam because you will only need the soft part of the fruit.
- Place the turmeric water and tamarind together in a blender. Blend them well.
- You are almost done. Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemons directly in the blender. The juice is now ready for storing in the mason jars. You can add some honey if you wish. Put a lid on the jar and shake it well.
- Keep the drink in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and drink it every day.