Canadian Rick Simpson, an activist and a great advocate of the welfare of marijuana that cured of cancer more than 5000 people including himself, announced on his official website a prescription for cannabis oil. As he says, everyone can make the oil, but because of possible chemical reactions, it is a dangerous procedure which is described in full with an accompanying video:
- Place the completely dry matter in a plastic bucket.
- Apply little bit of solvent to be material you are using. You can use solvents such as pure oil, ether, butane, 99% isopropyl alcohol. and even water. For 450 grams of dry matter, 7,6 liters of solvent is needed. And for your 28 grams of dry matter, you will need just half a liter of solvent in order to extract the required amount of THC.
- Crush the plant using wooden pestle. Even though the plant will be wet, it will crush easily.
- Continue crushing the plant while adding the solvent at the same time. Add solvent until the plant is completely soaked. Continue stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the solvent from the rest of the plant. This is the moment when 80% of THC is released.
- Second washing: Once again add solvent in the plant’s residues and mix for three minutes in order to release the rest of the THC.
- Mix the solvents from the two washings.
- Throw away the plant after you the second washing.
- Strain the oil through coffee filter and put it in a clean bowl.
- The solution should be boiled. The best option is to cook on the stove. VERY IMPORTANT: Avoid sparks, cigarettes and open fire because, as we already mentioned, the steam is very flammable.
- Add 3/4 of the solution in a container and boil it on a highest temperature. As the solution evaporates, add the rest of it until you add the whole solution.
- Add several drops of water (10 drops on 0,56 kg of dry matter). This will protect the oil from overheating.
- When there is only 2.5 cm of the solution left in the container, heat it up on 130 degrees. But before you do it, wait for the mixture to stop boiling.
- Slowly pour the oil in stainless steel bowl.
- The dish is not much going on heated plate and wait to evaporate all the water and remain just oil. Sometimes this requires several hours. When you notice that the surface of the oil no longer any activity away from the fire and the oil is ready for consumption.
- Place the bowl you are using on low heat and wait for the water to evaporate. You should have only oil in the bowl. Sometimes this procedure can last for several hours. When you notice that there is no more activity on oil’s surface, put the bowl away from the fire. The oil is ready for consumption.
- Put the resulting oil in plastic syringe or something similar, in order for you to use every bit of the oil. You can use this oil oral or external, depending on the problem you are trying to solve.
Chilled it will look like a heavy grease.