Everyone knows that the color of normal, human urine is yellow, but many often notice that the yellow color of their urine often varies from dark to bright.
Discoloration, bloodand murkiness can cause panic and alarm that there is something physically wrong with your organism. If this article is interesting enough for you, continue reading, because the facts are yet to come.
What is Normal Urine Supposed to Look Like?
The color of normal human urine can range from translucent yellow to amber dark. It is a sterile liquid that is expelled from the body and a product of cellular metabolism. Certain beverages you drink, diseases that you may be afflicted by and foods you eat can change the appearance of your urine. The cause of the amber to yellow color of the normal urine is the pigment called urochrome. Your urine is darker (amber) whenever you are not getting enough fluids. There’s often no cause for panic, if your urine is on the darker spectrum of what it should normally look like. All you need to do, is to drink more fluids, preferably clear water.
Why is My Urine Clear?
Typically, the clearer your urine is,the healthier you are. People who regularly drink water have a light yellow to clear colored urine, which is a sign that your body is properly hydrated. However, clear urine can also appear in those who are taking in too much water, and may be dangerously close to water intoxication, or overhydration. If the urination is increased, especially clear colored urine and without great water intake can be a sign of diabetes.
Sometimes in some people the urine becomes clear after excessive usage of alcohol. One of the reasons for increased urination is that alcohol is a diuretic which means it increases the times you have to pee, and the other reason is the amount of liquids you inserted in your. Because alcohol forces an increase in urination, your body must extract water from other organs because you’re peeing all that water down the drain, along with other important electrolytes in your body. This is the main reason why alcohol leaves you with a bad headache and a nasty hangover and makes you sick.
Abnormal Urine Colors
Sometimes your urine will take a change completely from amber gold to light yellow. Here are several known urine colors you might be seeing and what they mean:
- Red or pink urine:certain foods that are naturally red can cause these color changes in your urine. Some laxatives and prescription drugs can also be the cause of red urine. In some cases, blood in your urine stream can be a sign of a medical condition like an kidney cancer, enlarged prostate or bladder stones.
- Green or blue urine:this is usually caused by something you consumed before. Certain foods,beverages and medications have the ability to make your urine blue or green, especially if they contain a blue dye. Asparagus can affect your urine’s odorand make your urine appear greener.
- Foamy urine:this does not affect the color or your urine, but it accompanies it at certain times, which can be considered quite alarming. Usually when ingesting too much protein, excessive foam in your urine can appear.
- Murky urine: this can be a sign of urinary tract infection (UTI)or a kidney stones. For men, semen left in the urinary tract can also cause urine to be cloudy or murky.
- Orange urine:certain medications with blackberries, beets,dyesand rhubarb, can cause the urine to be orange. Medical issues that can cause orange urine are dehydration and jaundice.
Pages: 1 2