It’s a fact that modern life makes people turn to convenience food which is highly processed, and in most cases genetically modified. Such dietary habits are extremely unhealthy because this food is low in nutrients, but high in various unhealthy substances that disrupt the physiological pH value of your organism. To be more specific, the human body is alkaline, but ready-made and fast food make it acidic, which negatively affects the immune system function.
However, certain natural foods are well-known for their alkalinity and consuming these on a regular basis can effectively restore your body’s pH balance.
- Swiss chard.It’s an amazing alkaline produce that packs numerous antioxidants. Plus, it has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Melon.Aside from regulating digestion, this fruit has an alkaline value of 8.5. Watermelon also belongs to this group because it has high fiber and water content.
- Lentils.Lentils are a great alternative to wheat; they provide a lot of energy and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Olive oil.This oil abounds in vitamins, mostly vitamin E, as well as healthy fatty acids.
- Flaxseed.Apart from being alkaline, flaxseed is abundant in fiber and vitamin. It’s extremely beneficial for reducing inflammatory processes in the body, as well as hot flashes in menopausal women.
In addition to these 5 alkaline foods, which are highly recommended as part of a healthy well-balanced diet, other alkaline foods you can also consume on regular basis include:
- Avocado– It contains fatty acids beneficial for the heart.
- Banana– Bananas, especially ripe ones, are extremely beneficial for overall health.
- Berries– they are rich in antioxidants.
- Carrots– They contain beta-carotene and improve vision.
- Garlic– It regulates blood pressure.
- Broccoli– It reduces cholesterol levels.
- Grapes– They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, they reduce blood pressure.
- Pineapple– It stimulates weight loss.
- Lemon– It’s one of the most beneficial alkaline foods that prevent many diseases.
- Cabbage– It inhibits development of diseases.
- Sauerkraut– Fermented food is a great probiotic.
- Cauliflower– It’s a healthy alternative to bread.
- Grapefruit – A great source of A and C vitamins.
- Seaweed– It contains iron and balances the internal pH value of the body.
- Quinoa– It regulates blood sugar levels.
- Cucumber– It keeps your skin and body well-hydrated because of its 90% water content.
- Parsley– It removes toxins from the body.
- Mango – It improves metabolism and cleanses your bowels.
- Spinach– It has a high iron and vitamin content.
- Papaya – It’s a natural laxative that cleanses your intestines.