Adding lemon to water not only nourishes our body with vitamins, minerals and trace elements which we absolutely need, but it also quenches thirst better than any other beverage.
Lemon with water can be considered the best natural energy booster. Our bodily tissues are dehydrated when we wake up in the morning, and are in need of water to rejuvenate the cells and push out toxins. In other words, this homemade “lemonade” helps eliminate internal toxins, regulating proper digestive tract and kidney functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible.
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Lemon and Water
1. The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
2. Lukewarm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
3. Water with lemon lowers the high blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
4. Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
5. Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
6. Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
7. Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
8. Water with lemon helps dissolve kidney stones, calcium deposits,gallstones and pancreatic stones.
9. Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
10. Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the inflammation of the tonsils,respiratory tractand sore throats. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
11. Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it strengthens the immune system and protects the body from free radicals.
12. Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of lemon with water helps forming cells of the nervous system and brain of the baby.
13. Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Anxiety and depression are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. In order to ensure sustainable signals to the heart, the nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium.
14. Water with lemon cleanses arteries,blood and blood vessels.
15. Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is because lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
16. Water with lemon increases the alkalizing effect on the body. Even if you consume it immediately before a meal,it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The higher the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
17. Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body.Drinking lemon with water regularly (every morning) will greatly improve the condition of your skin.
18. Water with lemon eases or completely gets rid of heartburn. For this, in half a glass of water mix a teaspoon of lemon juice.
19. Water with lemon helps with weight loss.Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
20.Water with lemon helps with gingivitis and tooth pain.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
Use only warm purified or spring water,for this purpose. Take ½ a cup of warm water without sugar and squeeze in at least ½ of lemon or lime. It is better to use a special juicer (to get the most juice with least effort).
You need to consume thelemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. We also recommend that you drink a cup of water one hour before meals for maximum results.
So, when life gives you a bunch of lemons, make lemon water.