Ingrown nails are a very common problem they happen to every 5th person on average. They can be painful and uncomfortable and it usually requires a trip to the doctor’s office to get it removed. If you’re not a fan of this procedure you could try the following natural approach which can remove your ingrown toenail without having to go to the doctor. Have in mind that this is possible if there are no complications, if you notice a nasty infection you better consult a doctor.
All you have to do is follow our instructions and your ingrown nail will no longer be a problem.
1. Soak your feet in warm water, the hotter the better. Keep the feet immersed for 15-30 minutes at least twice a day.
The purpose of regular baths is to soften the nails, but also to prevent possible infections of the foot. For washing the feet use antibacterial soap.
2. Before the bath, prepare all the necessary accessories for nail editing and put them within the reach of your hands: from nail clippers to cotton and scissors and tweezers patrons.
3. After the bath, dry your feet well with a clean towel and cut your nails straight. Rounded cutting enhances the risk of in growing the nail into the skin.
4. Using a sterile needle lift the ingrown nail from the toe and gently place cotton in the interspace. Be patient and do not push too hard. Place the cotton under the ingrown nail to prevent irritation and infection of the toe, and then wrap gauze around the toe.
5. If there is infection of the toe, the color of this part of the foot will change to intensive red to dark blue. Once you notice a toe infection, it is best to go to the doctor, who will prescribe you the appropriate medication.
6. Let your feet breathe. Do not wear socks and shoes when you are at home.
7. Regularly check the situation with the nail, and at least once a day, change the cotton. If you maintain hygiene in this way, the problem with the ingrown nails should be history for only two weeks, once a new and healthy nail grows.